Practice sculpt: Blood Moon Evelynn


Blood Moon Evelynn sculpt from the previous post's WIP, based on a thumbnail by Esben Lash Rasmussen. 

 I was starting to spend way too much time on this one and I need to be on schedule for my next project so I just salvaged as much as I could from the horrid entity of what my old sculpt used to be (what are those hands, honestly :'D) and I used it to practice Polypaint, materials and rendering in ZBrush. I was very much inspired by the rendering style of Dmytro Bajda and his Evelynn sculpt. Still not something I'm too proud of, I really wish I had the time to re-sculpt the hands fully. But I'll try to do better in my actual PBR project which I am getting into now! Main things to focus on -> for God's sake, keep your forms as low poly as you can until you're sure of the shape :D Bold shapes are the way to go in stylized! Clean topology -> less headaches when retopoing later! Re-read this: https://80.lv/articles/sculpting-stylized-characters-tips-from-julia-pishtar/ again!

My first TFT NUEL match is also approaching - tomorrow! :D Ever since I got into Diamond I'm so scared of playing to not drop down, haha. I think I might do a few unranked practice games tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FMP: Kled - Pedestal

PROJECT 1: Choosing the workflow

FMP: Week 11 - more feedback time :)